“Nothing substitutes hard work. It’s the only thing that makes a dream come to fruition.”
It’s come the time for me to get some extra helping hands in the studio, and I’m looking for a super enthusiastic intern who has the magic touch. Ruby + Swallow is growing and I’m looking for the perfect person to join the team! I’m offering a part-time, paid internship to a young designer who is organised, a hard worker and a quick learner, looking for an opportunity to learn about running a small business in the area of weddings and design.
The role will include design, social media management, stationery assembling and office admin, and will be based at my Durban studio. It will include two full days a week, or alternatively four half days. This will be a summer internship for a three month period, with the possibility of extending it into 2017.
Why Work at Ruby + Swallow?
Here at R+S, we are a determined, hard working, motivated, creative and love a challenge… if this sounds like you, please read on!
About the Position
The ideal intern has great initiative, is a self-starter and has meticulous attention to detail. Love is in the details after all! She needs to be creative, motivated and a multi-tasker, with great communication skills. I’m looking for someone who will contribute actively and positively to my business, and essentially be my right hand girl, picking up where I leave off. The position will include tackling all tasks with passion, being enthusiastic and taking great care with our clients.
1. Comprehensive skill and proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
2. Your own laptop (preferably Mac).
3. Your own transport to my studio, based in Durban.
4. A social media whiz.
5. The ability to identify with the “Ruby + Swallow” voice and design aesthetic (very important!).
The Ideal Candidate
– Can deal with tight deadlines without sacrificing effort and accuracy.
– Is extremely organised.
– Is willing to go above and beyond to get the job done.
– Is 100% reliable and committed.
– Has design experience of some kind.
– Is tech savvy.
– Is resourceful in planning, organising and prioritising work.
– Is familiar with all social media online platforms.
– Studied / studies in a creative / arts field.
– Has exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
– Has a great interest in the wedding and design industries.
– Is creative and flexible.
– Has good copywriting skills.
– Has a positive attitude, getting any task done with a smile.
Are you a good fit? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you’re the one, with your CV and why you’d like to join the R+S team. I will set up an interview with you if I feel you may be a good fit.
I can’t wait to hear from you!